It was wonderful to talk with you all last week. Thank you for being so flexible and supportive as we explore this new phase of our school year.
You can access the new At-Home Learning plans for 4/6 - 4/10
on the school website: https://www.fgcschool.org/at-home-learning.html
In addition to the daily Reading/Writing/Math practice in this week’s plans,
you will find two important resources to explore:
- Google Meets
classroom communities this week with a Google Meet video session.
- Invitations for the Date/Time of the Google Meet have been sent via email and you will find details on the at-home learning plans.
- Please assist your student in going to their Gmail account and finding the email invite for the Google Meeting. At the date/time of the meeting, your student should click the link that says: “Join Hangout Meets”
- Class Meeting Topic: Show-and-Tell. After choosing one object to share, have your child practice their show-and-tell “speech” before the meeting. Students are encouraged to keep their “share-time” to about 1 minute or less. Tips for Show-and-Tell:
- Choose one interesting/special item that you are excited about sharing.
- Try to use descriptive words to describe your object, and tell why the item is special to you.
- Reading Resource: RAZ-Kids
Students can read, listen to, and even record themselves reading. You can access these resources on a computer by using the link above or on mobile devices by downloading the Kids A-Z app.
- Student log-in instructions have been sent via email.
- Students do not have to complete their reading practice on RAZ-Kids this week, but we wanted to provide it as an option in case you are in need of additional reading material.
I hope you have a great week with the spring and weather themed activities included in the at-home learning plans. Feel free to email if you have any questions.